About Bloglines Plug-in for LCDSmartie
The Bloglines Plug-in for LCD Smartie
connects to the Bloglines
feed reader service and checks whether you have any unread items. It retrieves the number of unread items and a list of the Feeds that are new. It
can also be used as an Action to detect when Feed changes have occurred.
To retrieve information from the Bloglines plugin for LCD Smartie, use the following functions:
- $dll(bloglines,1,,) retrieves the number of Unread Items
$dll(bloglines,2,,) retrieves a True/False indication of whether the number of Unread items has changed.
The returned value is either "0" or "1", and is designed to be used as a LCD Smartie Action. In the Action tab, Add the following rule:
If $dll(bloglines,2,,) = 1 Then GotoScreen(n)
This will cause LCD Smartie to switch to the screen you've designed to show the Bloglines information whenever the feeds change.
- $dll(bloglines,3,,) retrieves the list of Feeds with unread items.
- $dll(bloglines,4,username,password) is used to set your credentials to login to Bloglines. Function4 does not return anything, so can be placed anywhere on the LCD Smartie screen. Function 4 must be used for the plugin to work.
- $dll(bloglines,18,,) retrieves the current status of the plugin and can be used for informational purposes (as it shows "Checking", "Reading", "Ok", etc.) or to diagnose why you are not getting any results - basically, it'll say if the username / password is incorrect.
- $dll(bloglines,19,,) retrieves the Username currently being used.
- $dll(bloglines,20,,) retrieves the Password currently being used.
Copy the bloglines.dll file to your LCD Smartie\plugin folder (i.e. the plugin
folder beneath the folder
where you installed LCD Smartie.)